Which activities does iGDN want to develop in the medium and longer term?
> Facilitate, use and develop networking
> Organize conferences and workshops, regionally and internationally
> Publish (on- and offline) articles, books, blogs etc., especially on:
- The transformation of research results
- Academic and business news
- Both information that concerns IGDN members and externally generated gender design-related topics
> Discuss current issues in design
> Advance the public gender debate by means of critical intervention and active participation
> Set-up, maintenance and development of design and gender related databases
> Carry out research studies on, for example:
- Equality and diversity: on the condition of female designers (in academia, in business, as freelancers and as self-employed designers)
- The participation of female designers in design juries
- Business and Gender Design
- Law and Gender Design
- What is the role of gender in the design process, in design creation, in the making of design?
- Gendered Products
- Gendered Purchasing
- Gender and Virtuality: Internet communication, apps. etc.
- Design (profession) in relation to gender and in terms of ethnicity/race
- Pink: The New Horror